Saturday, October 18, 2008

Post 17: Some sacrifices...

I hate my life. What a lovely four words to start off a blog. But seriously, can I really love my life at this point? Let us keep in mind that, despite the current circumstances and other inconveniences, I have in fact improved since the very beginning and even before that. Improved in what you may ask? Well of course i believe i mean moving forward within life; overcoming the obstacles and derailing ones self from daily mundane activities, into... well... another order of daily mundane activities. That being said, let us recap what has progressed: I'm out of school, I have my license, and I have a job. Furthermore, I have a better idea of what I want to do in the future. But, there is a downside to it all. Although I am done with school, the future in my education has nothing to do with the past year of my american education. Even though I have my license, I still don't have a car. Therefore, owning a license to some extent is pointless and has minimum purposes. And the job I have, haha, well, let's not get started on that, shall we? All I will say is that it's by far one of the worst experiences I have ever had working. On one hand I am paranoid that I will get fired for something completely ridiculous and unreasonable, yet on the other, I would be glad to get rid of such a burden.

True, life for me this past (almost) year has progressed quite a bit. I'm just disappointed that it could have gone faster. Knowing that all that has been done, has been done so with ease. I simply wish my laziness hadn't intervened and slowed me down to such a point. And I guess with improvements in life being mentioned, my job hunt continues as I seek a better job, a more comfortable environment, and friendlier employees (although I am aware that there's always one who is going to be a total asshole).

In all honesty though, I don't work well under pressure. Nor would any wanna-be ruses inflict any sort of immediate and accurate action from me. In fact, all that would do is intimidate me, thus forcing me to step down my guard. Maybe I should just work at Google (: then again, scripting PHP is such a hassle.

No comments: